Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any data we may collect from you across our website (1rivet.com), across other sites we own , and throughout your engagement with us.
When you visit our sites, we automatically collect analytics and log data from your web browser. This data includes your IP address, browser type and version, time and date, the pages you view, and other details about your visit.
When you contact us, we ask for some basic information about you, like your name and email address. This information is considered personally identifying. We ask for it specifically to know who we’re talking to.
When you work with us, we ask for information about your business, operations, customers and audience. While you make most of this information publicly available, we may also ask for confidential information to assist us with ensuring the best possible outcome for our work with you.
Our legal bases for processing
We process information lawfully, fairly and transparently. We only collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. As a Consulting agency, this means we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract that you are a party to;
- it’s necessary to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you;
- it satisfies a legitimate interest, like research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (like staying in touch through our email newsletter); or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
When you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this won’t affect any processing we’ve already done.
We retain information for our records and to facilitate subsequent dealings in future. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
While we retain this information, we’ll protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
How we collect and use information
We collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes:
- to provide creative services and client support;
- to respond to sales and project enquiries;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
We don’t publicly disclose any data specifics, but may compile and share aggregated and anonymised versions of this information, for example, in business performance reports.
If you are a (current or former) client or partner, we may use your details contact you via our newsletter, keeping you up-to-date on what’s happening at 1Rivet. You are free to opt out of this correspondence at any time, using the “unsubscribe” link provided in the emails.