Reston, VA, March 7, 2019 – 1Rivet, a top-ranked, award-winning international IT technology solutions firm known for its unique ability to cost-effectively develop and apply emerging technologies to resolve global public- and private-sector business challenges, has been engaged by the Minister of Posts, Telecommunications, and Digital Economy of The Republic of the Congo to create an integrated e-Government services platform focused on revenue generation and digital economy transformation for the country.
“It is an honor to participate in the implementation of an innovative and comprehensive IT platform the Republic of the Congo will leverage across government ministries,” said 1Rivet Founder and Managing Partner, Charlie Clavelli. “The vision of His Excellency, The Minister of Posts, Telecommunications, and Digital Economy, for the transformation of his country’s e-Government ecosystem is breathtaking.”
The 1Rivet PublicWorks Platform (1RPPTM) will modernize revenue systems, offer e-Citizen services, provide cross-Ministry data sharing and communication, and move the country toward minimizing paper and cash from the revenue administration process.
“It is a partnership that we wanted because we received the instruction directly from the Head of State, His Excellency Denis Sassou Nguesso, who asked us to diversify the economy of the country,” said Leon Juste Imbombo, Minister of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy for the Republic of the Congo. “We do believe that through the digital economy we can diversify our economy and, with a partner like 1Rivet that brings us a solution allowing us to diversify our economy, create added value, especially allowing us to have traceability in terms of revenues that are beyond the control of the State. Having this traceability for us is an imperative and the 1RPPTM platform to be deployed by 1Rivet will enable us to maximize revenue collection and achieve our overall digital economy mission objective.”
In General, 1RPPTM, to be developed, deployed, and managed by 1Rivet, will digitize revenue-generating activities and provide a centralized, secure integrated payment gateway supporting:
● Telecom revenue assurance, recovery, and compliance analytics
● e-Citizen services, such as driver and vehicle licensing, passports, visa permits, and case management
● Enhanced domestic corporate and individual tax revenue collection
● Transformation of import and export taxes and tariffs
● Hydro-carbon royalty collections
In the short term, 1RPPTM will provide modernization of administration, development of e-Government, and revenue generation. It will provide several benefits to the government, including:
Increased productivity and administrative performance (back office), from administrative management using paper to full paperless electronic management
Strengthening intra- and inter-government communication to optimize administrative channels and decision-making processes
Improving the services provided to citizens and businesses: the posting of documentation and administrative data of a public nature (reports, publications, documentation, texts, and administrative forms)
Real-time monitoring of revenues generated by certain public and private operators in the Republic of Congo
● The provision of several services such as:
● e-Visa: for electronic visa application, processing, approval, and issuance
● e-Passport: for the automation of the passport application and issuance process
● e-GrayCard: for the application and issuance of motor vehicle registration cards
● e-Justice: to automate and securely issue legal and court documents such as: criminal records, court judgments, and birth certificates.
Government- to-Businesses (G-to-B)
● e-Tax: for the collection and electronic management of data relating to different taxes collected or owed by taxpayers on behalf of the public treasury
Electronic Payment Gateway: electronic payment gateway for financial transactions on behalf of the public treasury
All built services will be configurable to meet ministry-specific requirements and policies or across multiple ministries.